[DISCUSS] Maven version

Vlad Rozov-2
I think it is time to revisit minimum maven version required to build
Apex. I suggest upgrading to 3.3.1 at minimum to get
maven.multiModuleProjectDirectory property supported. Another option is
to upgrade to 3.5.x.

Thank you,

Vlad

Re: [DISCUSS] Maven version

Ananth G
+1 for maven version upgrade.

+1 for version 3.5.x as there seems to be some fixes for issues related to
this property in version 3.3.9
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-5786 ?

Regards,
Ananth

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 5:13 AM, Vlad Rozov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think it is time to revisit minimum maven version required to build
> Apex. I suggest upgrading to 3.3.1 at minimum to get
> maven.multiModuleProjectDirectory property supported. Another option is
> to upgrade to 3.5.x.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Vlad

Re: [DISCUSS] Maven version

Yogi Devendra
1. +1 for 3.3.9.
2. Why do we need 3.5.x if 3.3.9 serves the purpose?

~ Yogi

On 16 May 2018 at 20:20, Ananth G <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 for maven version upgrade.
>
> +1 for version 3.5.x as there seems to be some fixes for issues related to
> this property in version 3.3.9
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-5786 ?
>

> Regards,
> Ananth
>
> On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 5:13 AM, Vlad Rozov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I think it is time to revisit minimum maven version required to build
> > Apex. I suggest upgrading to 3.3.1 at minimum to get
> > maven.multiModuleProjectDirectory property supported. Another option is
> > to upgrade to 3.5.x.
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Vlad

Re: [DISCUSS] Maven version

Ananth G
My understanding is that we might be using the various config files support
- .mvn/jvm.config
- .mvn/mvn.config

version 3.5.0 allows for a manual override of the mvn config values from
the command line if the local development process needs it to be the case.
Hence +1 for 3.5.0

Plus 3.5.x seems to provide additional goodies like colour outputs as well
as a module progress indicators.

Regards,
Ananth

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 5:29 AM, Yogi Devendra <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> 1. +1 for 3.3.9.
> 2. Why do we need 3.5.x if 3.3.9 serves the purpose?
>
> ~ Yogi
>
> On 16 May 2018 at 20:20, Ananth G <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > +1 for maven version upgrade.
> >
> > +1 for version 3.5.x as there seems to be some fixes for issues related
> > this property in version 3.3.9
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-5786 ?
> >

> > Regards,
> > Ananth
> >
> > On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 5:13 AM, Vlad Rozov <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > I think it is time to revisit minimum maven version required to build
> > > Apex. I suggest upgrading to 3.3.1 at minimum to get
> > > maven.multiModuleProjectDirectory property supported. Another option
> is
> > > to upgrade to 3.5.x.
> > >
> > > Thank you,
> > >
> > > Vlad

Re: [DISCUSS] Maven version

Vlad Rozov-2
Note that the question is regarding the lowest version and
functionality/plugins it supports. A developer may install any later
version. With that I am inclined to bump version to 3.3.1 unless there
are other required/useful features supported by later version.

+1 for 3.3.1.

Thank you,

Vlad

On 5/16/18 13:11, Ananth G wrote:

> My understanding is that we might be using the various config files support
> - .mvn/jvm.config
> - .mvn/mvn.config
>
> version 3.5.0 allows for a manual override of the mvn config values from
> the command line if the local development process needs it to be the case.
> Hence +1 for 3.5.0
>
> Plus 3.5.x seems to provide additional goodies like colour outputs as well
> as a module progress indicators.
>
> Regards,
> Ananth
>

> On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 5:29 AM, Yogi Devendra <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> 1. +1 for 3.3.9.
>> 2. Why do we need 3.5.x if 3.3.9 serves the purpose?
>>
>> ~ Yogi
>>
>> On 16 May 2018 at 20:20, Ananth G <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> +1 for maven version upgrade.
>>>
>>> +1 for version 3.5.x as there seems to be some fixes for issues related
>>> this property in version 3.3.9
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-5786 ?
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>> Ananth

>> is

Re: [DISCUSS] Maven version

Yogi Devendra
Do we need fix in 3.3.9 for MNG-5786
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-5786> related to

On 17 May 2018 at 00:20, Vlad Rozov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Note that the question is regarding the lowest version and
> functionality/plugins it supports. A developer may install any later
> version. With that I am inclined to bump version to 3.3.1 unless there are
> other required/useful features supported by later version.
>
> +1 for 3.3.1.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Vlad
>

> On 5/16/18 13:11, Ananth G wrote:
>
>> My understanding is that we might be using the various config files
>> support
>> - .mvn/jvm.config
>> - .mvn/mvn.config
>>
>> version 3.5.0 allows for a manual override of the mvn config values from
>> the command line if the local development process needs it to be the case.
>> Hence +1 for 3.5.0
>>
>> Plus 3.5.x seems to provide additional goodies like colour outputs as well
>> as a module progress indicators.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ananth
>>

>> On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 5:29 AM, Yogi Devendra <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> 1. +1 for 3.3.9.
>>> 2. Why do we need 3.5.x if 3.3.9 serves the purpose?
>>>
>>> ~ Yogi
>>>
>>> On 16 May 2018 at 20:20, Ananth G <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> +1 for maven version upgrade.

Re: [DISCUSS] Maven version

Thomas Weise-2
Administrator
What are the versions available in ASF Jenkins and with the common package
managers?

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 3:20 PM, Vlad Rozov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Note that the question is regarding the lowest version and
> functionality/plugins it supports. A developer may install any later
> version. With that I am inclined to bump version to 3.3.1 unless there are
> other required/useful features supported by later version.
>
> +1 for 3.3.1.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Vlad
>

> On 5/16/18 13:11, Ananth G wrote:
>
>> My understanding is that we might be using the various config files
>> support
>> - .mvn/jvm.config
>> - .mvn/mvn.config
>>
>> version 3.5.0 allows for a manual override of the mvn config values from
>> the command line if the local development process needs it to be the case.
>> Hence +1 for 3.5.0
>>
>> Plus 3.5.x seems to provide additional goodies like colour outputs as well
>> as a module progress indicators.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ananth
>>

>> On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 5:29 AM, Yogi Devendra <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> 1. +1 for 3.3.9.
>>> 2. Why do we need 3.5.x if 3.3.9 serves the purpose?
>>>
>>> ~ Yogi
>>>
>>> On 16 May 2018 at 20:20, Ananth G <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> +1 for maven version upgrade.

Re: [DISCUSS] Maven version

Vlad Rozov-2
I don't think MNG-5786 is a common issue. Please see details in JIRA.

Thank you,

Vlad

On 5/16/18 23:42, Yogi Devendra wrote:

> Do we need fix in 3.3.9 for MNG-5786
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-5786> related to
> multiModuleProjectDirectory?
>
> ~ Yogi
>
> On 17 May 2018 at 00:20, Vlad Rozov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Note that the question is regarding the lowest version and
>> functionality/plugins it supports. A developer may install any later
>> version. With that I am inclined to bump version to 3.3.1 unless there are
>> other required/useful features supported by later version.
>>
>> +1 for 3.3.1.
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Vlad
>>

>> On 5/16/18 13:11, Ananth G wrote:
>>
>>> My understanding is that we might be using the various config files
>>> support
>>> - .mvn/jvm.config
>>> - .mvn/mvn.config
>>>
>>> version 3.5.0 allows for a manual override of the mvn config values from
>>> the command line if the local development process needs it to be the case.
>>> Hence +1 for 3.5.0
>>>
>>> Plus 3.5.x seems to provide additional goodies like colour outputs as well
>>> as a module progress indicators.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Ananth
>>>

>>> On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 5:29 AM, Yogi Devendra <[hidden email]>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> 1. +1 for 3.3.9.

Re: [DISCUSS] Maven version

Vlad Rozov-2